New Do. New You.
Fresh year. Fresh resolutions [do we still do this to ourselves?] Fresh locks. Wait, what? Yes. It’s time. A new hairstyle is a resolution you can actually conquer. So let’s talk on it for a second.
As a woman who has serious anxiety about chopping her locks, I am more than empathetic towards this topic. However, it’s a new year & it’s time to continue that whole becoming a bigger, better, more well-rounded human thing that we’re placed on this earth to do. [Did I just compare a haircut to evolution? Yes. Yes, I did.] So, in hopes to get you warmed up to the entire concept, I’ve broken down my favorite styles making headway [ha]. Let’s decipher how you can change your look this 2015.
1. Parted: don’t want to chop your hair off just yet? Fine. Then keep it fresh by switching up the direction, style, or shape of your part. A simple trick that adds major change with little effort.
Soft Side Part
Deep Side Part
Zig Zag Part
2. The New Pixie: a pixie cut has always seemed heart-stopping to me, but this new, modern take on a classic [& once terrifying] cut could be just what the doctor ordered. Think Sienna Miller circa 2006, but with a little more styling ability. This cut is undoubtedly ballsy, but so chic & will be everywhere this 2015. The key to owning it: a good texture spray//gel//cream.
3. The Pony: no not the one you used to throw into place before gym class, but the new, intentional pony. Olivia Palermo is the queen of this look [see below]. It can be worn to events, coffee//lunch dates, running errands, picking up the kids…& is so easy to style. It likely won’t change your entire world this 2015, but it will make you feel like the chicest chick in the room. The key: finding minimalist hair ties to keep the look in place without taking away from it’s clean approach [Scrunchies anyone].
4. The Soft Ombré: a softer version of the ever-overstated ombré look that’s been holding on for about four years now [it was time to finally change this up], this look takes a more delicate approach to a once severe do. Switching up the color of your hair can change everything, given you have an amazing hairstylist that you know & trust. I recommend this look for nearly any hair type, & I promise, it will make you feel like an entirely new person, without all the effort. #whycantistoptouchingmyhair
5. Shoulder Length Everything: 2015 is going to be all about shoulder-length hair. Period. It just is. & to you babes who feel the need for mega change, this is the time to take the plunge & chop it off. Truth be told, this is probably my favorite style of the year & if I had the huevos to do it, I so would. This look screams I’m a mom, but I’m sexy as fuck, so deal with it [no, you don’t have to actually have children…it’s just at thing]. & did I mention it sheds serious minutes off your morning routine.
So when should you make all these changes you ask? Don’t worry, there’s an app for that, too. Oh wait, more like an entire study & article: Lunar Hair Chart. Seriously.
As a woman who is ridiculously attached to her hair, I vow to switch it up this year, so long as you’ll do it with me. Deal?
See you babes on the other side…ya know, the new you, new do, 2015 side.