Hey Mamas [enter Mother’s Day pun here], I hope you all had a beautiful weekend! I have had a wild past few weeks, but I’m back & more focused than ever to get some serious fashion deets your way to help prep you for the fast approaching Summer months.
So there’s a new trend making some serious headway & I want to talk it through. They’re called Co-Ord [coordinate] Sets. Familiar?
I’m referring to those freaking adorable two piece, matching outfits that basically make all fashion headaches go away [if executed properly]. & I’m obsessed with them. Plus, everyone loves an easy outfit trick that actually works. Think your moms favorite 90s skirt & pantsuit, but completely flipped on it’s ass. That’s basically the birthplace of a co-ord. & my absolute favorite part about this look is it’s versatility; every single one of my clients [regardless of age, body type, lifestyle, etc.] has been able to make these pieces work for them because there are hundreds of co-ord styles & sets. Not to mention, you simply throw them on & you’re set for the day. [Um, calling all people with busy lives, this outfit is your lifesaver].
But which one should you choose? What body type works best with which style? & how will you know you’re doing it right?
Hello! Enter: Lyric.
Picking The Right Co-Ord For You: with two piece outfits comes the subconscious fear of bathing suits & the painful reminder that your body just isn’t in the shape you want it to be. But the beauty of these two piece outfits [unlike bikini’s] is that you don’t have to show skin if you don’t want to. You can choose from long sleeve, short sleeve, halter, crop, pantsuit, sweater, floral, monochromatic, cotton, satin, & even chiffon co-ords. The limits are endless, allowing almost all women to adopt this style for their Summer wardrobe. Take note:
What Body Type Works Best With Which Style: with all things should come truth; knowing & being honest with yourself about your body type is the first step toward finding confidence in what you wear. It took me a long time to accept my body type, but now I work [patiently] with select pieces until I find what works best for me. It’s all a process, but beginning is the first step. That being said, co-ord outfits are amazing for the hyper-body-conscious woman, because they allow for so much versatility:
For my petite babes; a tee & shorts co-ord is perfect. Balancing out the shoulders with a squared-off top, making the legs appear longer with hot pants, & highlighting the mid-section as your smallest point, this look will make you feel like a 6’5″ model in Paris.
For my thin babes; dare to bare. An ultra-cropped tank, racerback or tee can be the perfect addition to this look. Pair it with a fun, matching pant [for some added subtlety] & you’ll be honing your inner Twiggy in 0 seconds flat.
For my mommy’s-to-be; with bright neon hues, a loose-fitting top & bottom, & ample chest & tummy coverage, this has to be the most adorable way to wear this look. Team with your favorite accessories & you’ll be the hottest MILF in the room.
Am I Doing It Right?: the best way to know you’re following the co-ord fashion philosophies of the world is to be certain that you feel beautiful. If you are immediately trying to cut the tags off in the fitting room & find something fun to do so you can showcase this new fit…then you’re doing it right. If you stand in front of the mirror wearing your co-ord, doing pirouette after pirouette, then you’re doing it right. If you are meticulously scrutinizing all of the things you don’t like about your body & how ugly you feel in the outfit…you absolutely are not doing it right.
These pieces of fabric that we lay across our bodies day in & day out are not there to simply cover our nakedness, but rather to be representations of who we are & what we exude. Take the time. Be patient. & find what speaks to you. Confidence is 90% of the gig, & the clothes tell the other 10% of your story.
Happy Coordinating, babes.